Everyone, young or older, likes bubbles and have enjoyed its beauty. However, behind these innocent and funny figures lies a formidable mathematical framework that can be used as a tool to teach geometry at various levels.
Our workshops include two aspects: The recreational component, playful and fun it brings much motivating to our workshop and an educational component based on the potential of mathematics to explain natural phenomena like bubbles.
The duration of any activity for children round 1 hour. but can be extended up to 3 hours with breaks. It has to agree with the concepts and teacher depth thereof. Selecting those shops that are considered more appropriate.
If you opt for the option of putting students in a bubble must add 1 hour.
The basics of our educational proposal are:
- Why are colors the bubbles?
- The geometry of the bubbles
- Edges, faces, vertices, distances, angles
- Forms: catenoid, cylinder, tetrahedron, hexahedron or cube, octahedron, dodecahedron and icosahedron
- Fermat Point
- Euler’s Theorem
- Why are bubbles round?
- Minimal surfaces
- Area sphere, cube, prism
- Property gases
- Steiner Problem
- Can they have square shapes?
- Bubbles with smoke
- Surface tension and soap bubbles
- Structure of Soap
- Bubbles and Bernoulli’s Principle
- Angles and soap bubbles
- Putting them into a bubble (Optional)
- Animation giant bubbles (Optional)
Do not hesitate to contact us and we will prepare a customize proposal.